2021 National Foster & Kinship Care Conference
Connecting Foster & Kinship Carers - SA (CF&KC-SA) are thrilled to be hosting the:
National Foster & Kinship Care Conference
10-12 June 2021
Adelaide Convention Centre, South Australia
This conference will present a unique opportunity for all child protection stakeholders to learn from, and alongside, Foster and Kinship Carers, in a collaborative and creative environment. Delegates will hear from expert local, national and international keynote speakers on prime issues facing the Foster and Kinship Care space; with the primary focus on ensuring our children and young people thrive and reach their full potential. Throughout this conference we intend to kick-start a national conversation regarding the needs of the Foster & Kinship Care sector, using the collective findings from all speakers and delegates to elevate Australia’s family based care to that of a world class model.
This conference will be culturally responsive, relevant and progressive in reflecting current caring trends and aim to attract participation from a diverse audience of Carers, professional stakeholders, researchers and young people in the Foster and Kinship Care sector. Conference streams will focus on topics with a national lens, identified by the Carer community:
- Education: school transitioning & retention including building secure attachment
- Disability + NDIS
- Managing challenging behaviours and therapeutic parenting techniques
- Cultural connection + support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children/young people
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and other co-morbidities
- Gender fluidity + LGBTIQ awareness regarding children & young people
- Mental health & wellbeing for Carers, children & young people
- How to advocate effectively
- Legal issues and how best to navigate
- Issues regarding regulation, sensory based support, “meltdowns” & fussy eaters due to trauma
All attendees will be provided the opportunity to explore their current thinking and identify new strategies for care, whilst mixing with likeminded people from all walks of the child protection sector. Above all we are excited to refresh, reinvigorate and renew all stakeholders involved in the respected journey of Foster and Kinship Care.
On behalf of the conference organising committee, we look forward to seeing you in Adelaide in 2021.
CEO & Chair